Busy Lamp Field
Busy Lamp Field (BLF) monitors a Line on another User’s Device and allows them to see when that Line is on or receiving a call through a lamp indication on the display or sidecar of their phone.
Prior to beginning configuration, please be aware of the following:
- BLF is only available for configuration on devices — such as the HDV230 and HDV20 — that have integrated function keys or an added sidecar. Device Button Functions will not appear for incompatible devices.
BLF can also be used to monitor a parked call to identify if a call is held with a parked position.
1. Configuring BLF
As with most things, you can get there in a few different ways. It all starts from the Dashboard.
From the left navigation pane, click on [Phone], then choose [Devices].
Alternatively, you can choose the Devices button from the top of the Dashboard.
Once you have done so, the Devices menu will populate. The rest of the steps are the same from this point on.
Now choose the [Edit] button, denoted by a pencil, beside the device you wish to configure to show the Edit Device section.
- Select the [Functions] tab to begin configuring BLF.
- For the KX-HDV230 it is best to leave Lines 1-4 for sending and transferring calls (1) and begin configuring your Device Functions from Line 5. Other devices do not have this limitation. Click on the [Edit] button (2) beside the line you wish to configure.
- Select the type of function you wish to configure, in this instance select BLF.
- Select a Device or Line you wish to add as a BLF to the Device you are configuring by using the [+] button next to it.
- Enter a name you wish to display for the BLF on the device.
- Click the [Save >] button to confirm and apply your BLF settings to your device.
2. Using BLF
The Function Button on your device will have a different appearance depending on the status of the line being monitored.
|Flashing Red means that a call is incoming on that line. Pressing the button will pick up that line.|
|Solid Red means that that line is in use. Pressing the button in this state will call that line.|
|Off means that this line is not currently being used. Pressing the button in this state will call that line.|